Many consumers are interested in buying a dashboard camera for different reasons. If you are one of them, you should ask a few basic questions before making this purchase. The answers you get will guide you in the right direction.
What is a dash camera all about?
Basically, it must be mounted in a car. Most cams can record both video and audio. At times, they come with special digital video recorders too. You can either mount them on your dashboard or windshield. There are many models that come forward facing. Pay attention to dual lens dash cameras because they are becoming more and more popular among consumers. Don’t forget about a few important features that differentiate them from traditional cameras.
- Auto starting and stopping. Such devices have the ability to start recording when they get the necessary power. They stop functioning when this power is off.
- Their continuous cycle function. Dash cameras can delete old files and keep recording when their memory is filled up.
There are different reasons why you should think about investing in this recording equipment. Make sure that you are buying best dash cam.
- Evidence when it comes to accidents. This simple tool will provide you with enough proofs. This means that you shouldn’t worry about changing facts. You may not have any other way to defend yourself. That’s why the use of dash cameras should not be neglected.
- Insurance frauds. Some people cause auto accidents and blame other parties just to earn money from innocent victims and insurance companies. If you want to protect yourself from them, buy a quality dash camera.
- Effective parking protection. Most models come with a special parking mode that records everything when your car is parked. This is how you get the necessary evidence when someone damages it and runs away. Make sure that your dash camera is hard wired to benefit from this function.
- Vehicle misuse or abuse. If you worry about others driving your car, it is time to think about installing this simple device. When you entrust your vehicle to a mechanic or other people, you need to be aware of how they will treat it. You should shop for dash cameras with GPS tracking to protect your car.
- Reporting bad drivers on the road. Their number seems to increase each day. The good news is that you can get video proofs from your dashboard cam and use them to report drunk, distracted, and dangerous drivers.