You may not be happy with the services provided by your divorce attorney for different reasons. The only way out is to replace this professional with someone more credible.For instance, it makes sense to consider the services of this law firm of arianoreppucci.
One of the main responsibilities of divorce lawyers is to file a petition. There are other important things they do for their clients, such as getting the best settlement and handling the necessary paperwork.
As soon as you hire a new attorney, you need to inform a court about this change. Do not forget to update your ex-spouse about it. It is advisable to make sure that third parties, such as mediators, also get access to this important information. If you want to make a good choice, you need to pay attention to a few helpful guidelines.
- The first step is to look for a qualified legal professional. You should hire a new one before finishing your work with the other one. Take time to learn more about available fee structures and choose affordable legal services. Everything should be done in writing, as this is what will help you avoid paying extra charges and hidden expenses.
- Another important thing is discussing the details of your divorce case. You need to ensure that your new lawyer has a clear understanding of all ins and outs. When scheduling an initial consultation, take care about the necessary copies, petitions, motions and other papers. You may inform this professional about the main reason for changing your legal representation.
- You need to stop communicating with your existing divorce attorney. If you sign a written agreement with a new one, do your best to dismiss a former lawyer. It is always best to do this in writing in order to avoid additional bills and costs. You should take the copies of all payments made to this specialist.
- One of the most important things is to get a copy of your divorce petition and other files. Be prepared that your old legal representative will charge a certain fee for this service. However, you need to get them all for the successful resolution of your divorce case.
- Filing an entry of appearance for your new attorney. This specialist will file a special document that informs a court about this change. When it comes to mediated divorces, your mediator must get the copy of this paper as well.